Guidelines and Application for Conference Funding
- The conference must be substantially related to economics, business, or public policy.
- The conference must be supported by a faculty sponsor.
- Students traveling to attend academic conferences or professional meetings may be accompanied by their faculty sponsors, but this is not required.
- Funds can be used to defray the costs of travel, lodging, food, materials, and services. They cannot be used to pay stipends to either the student or faculty advisor.
- The monetary support is intended for student use, and will not be available to faculty sponsors.
- It is expected that the conference will result from or lead to academic credit, but that is not a requirement.
- Conferences are typically expected to be undertaken by individual students; however projects involving a collaborative effort by a group of students will also be considered.
- Funding recipients will be asked to submit digital photos of their participation in the conference, as well as a report to the Berry Center at the conclusion of the conference, summarizing outcomes and itemizing expenses.
To apply, submit the following to the Berry Center Associate Director, Box 2446 or 216 College Hall:
- Application below.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript from the Self-Service page.
- Conferences taking place September-December: Deadline is July 1.
- Conferences taking place January-May: Deadline is November 1.
- Conferences taking place June-August: Deadline is April 1.
Early submissions are encouraged. Late materials will disqualify your application.