2014-2015 Cornell LEADS Application
For information about Cornell LEADS, click here.
The Cornell leadership series, sponsored by the Berry Center, will consist of these components:
- kick-off lunch to talk about this year’s program and meet other program participants, bring your lunch to Ringer Dining Room (Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:30am-12:30pm)
- leadership seminar led by former Cornell president Les Garner (Monday, October 27, 2014, 3:15 p.m.-5:45 p.m.)
- panel discussion with leaders from the eastern Iowa business/entrepreneur community (Winter 2015)
- visit to Chicago, IL to meet with leaders in a variety fields, from business and public policy, to the arts and entertainment (Block Break: April 10-12, 2015)
- Senior, Junior, and Sophomore students from all majors are encouraged to apply, unless you have previously participated in the LEADS program.
- This is a competitive application process, only 20 students will be accepted.
- Students must provide a short letter of recommendation from a member of the faculty or staff. These should be emailed from the letter writer directly to Rsullens@cornellcollege.edu (A paragraph in length is sufficient.)
- The deadline to apply is Sunday, October 12th at midnight.
- Preference is given to candidates who have attended the information session at 12:00 p.m. on October 3rd in Hedges Conference Room.
- Selected students will be notified via email.
- Selection of students will made by the Berry Center with input from its Operations Committee. They will look to create a group of participants from diverse academic backgrounds and class years.
- All expenses for participation in the program will be paid by the Berry Center.