2012-2013 Cornell LEADS Application
For information about Cornell LEADS, click here.
The Cornell leadership series, sponsored by the Berry Center, will consist of three components:
- leadership seminar led by former Cornell president Les Garner (Monday, October 29th, 2012, 3:15pm)
- panel discussion with three leaders from the eastern Iowa community (Winter 2013)
- visit to Chicago, IL to meet with leaders in a variety fields, from business and politics, to the arts and entertainment (April 10-12, 2013)
- Sophomore, Junior, and Senior students from all majors are encouraged to apply, unless you have previously participated in the LEADS program.
- This is a competitive application process, only 20 students will be accepted.
- Students must provide a short letter of recommendation from a member of the faculty or staff. These should be emailed from the letter writer directly to Jamie Waldron. (A paragraph in length is sufficient.)
- The deadline to apply is Tuesday, October 2 at noon.
- Preference is given to candidates who have attended the information session at 12:00 p.m. on Monday, September 24, 2012 in Hedges Conference Room.
- Selected students will be notified on October 5 via email.
- Selection of students will made by Professor A'amer Farooqi and the Associate Director of the Berry Center, Jamie Waldron. They will look to create a group of participants from diverse academic backgrounds and class years.
- All expenses for participation in the program will be paid by the Berry Center.