The Cornell leadership series, sponsored by the McWethy Program, will consist of these components:
- kick-off lunch to talk about this year’s program and meet other program participants, lunch will be provided in Ringer Dining Room (Tuesday, October 25th from 11:30am-12:30pm)
- leadership seminar led by former Cornell president Les Garner (Tuesday, November 1st, from 3:15 p.m.-5:45 p.m. in Hedges)
- panel discussion with leaders from the eastern Iowa business/entrepreneur community (February 2017)
- service Day with The American Heart Association's Go Red Program (February 2017)
- a trip to Chicago, IL to meet with leaders in a variety fields, from business and public policy, to the arts and entertainment (Block Break 7 : April 12-14, 2017)
- Senior, Junior, and Sophomore students from all majors are encouraged to apply, unless you have previously participated in the LEADS program.
- This is a competitive application process, only 20 students will be accepted.
- Students must provide a short letter of recommendation from a member of the faculty or staff. These should be emailed from the letter writer directly to the McWethy Program Lead. (A paragraph in length is sufficient.)
- The deadline to apply is Saturday, October 15th, 2016.
- Selected students will be notified via email.
- All expenses for participation in the program will be paid by the McWethy Program.