Theatre & Dance Auditions
Lunch at the Hilltop Cafe (optional) 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Campus Tour (optional) 12 - 12:30 p.m.
Individual Theatre & Dance Auditions 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Your individual audition time will be announced prior to the event.
What to expect
Theatre and Dance auditions will be one on one with faculty and we are scheduling 15-minute meetings for each audition (and interview). Please, arrive 30 minutes early for check-in at Thomas Commons to get settled in and warmed up.
Once your audition is complete, we invite you to explore campus and downtown Mount Vernon to see what it will be like to live on the Hilltop. It’s never too early to start making new friends—you might want to meet up with another student and his or her family to have lunch at our nationally ranked Hilltop Café or Zamora’s Market; both are located in the Thomas Commons, the living room of campus.
We also invite you to attend Destination: Cornell, a special event for admitted students.
We will share scholarship results from the auditions with you via mail within 2 weeks after your audition is complete.
What to prepare:
- Headshot photo (email by Feb. 6)
- Resumé (email by Feb. 6)
- Letter of recommendation from theatre teacher or director (email by Feb. 6)
- Actors: 2 (two) contrasting monologues, no longer than 2 minutes each
- Dancers: 1 (one) solo piece lasting 2-3 minutes
- Writers & Directors: sample of your writing and/or research and preparation materials
- Theatre Techs & Designers: photos or portfolio of your work
What to bring:
Any music you may need and wear clothes that you can move in.