Applying for Need-Based Assistance
If your family is like most, you will draw upon a combination of resources to finance your college education. We understand that for your family these resources may not be sufficient to cover the full cost to attend Cornell College. It is for that reason we invite all families to complete these steps and apply for need-based financial aid. Cornell College does not require the CSS profile.
Step 1: Complete the FAFSA online before the priority deadline of March 1, 2013.
Both you and your parent(s) will need to obtain Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) to serve as electronic signatures on your FAFSA.
Step 2: Add Cornell College (IOWA) to your 'college list' (Our Federal School Code is 001856)
Traditionally, we begin sending financial aid awards in mid-March. Initial awards will be sent via regular mail.
Additional Assistance & Resources
- Frequently asked questions about financial assistance
- Cornell College's Financial Assistance website
- Meet the Office of Financial Assistance Staff
Contact the Office of Financial Assistance
Toll-Free: (877) 579-4049
Regular Mailing Address:Cornell College
Office of Financial Assistance
600 First St. SW
Mount Vernon, IA 52314
National Recognition for Value and Affordability
- Fiske Guide to Colleges named Cornell one of the 25 "Best Buy Schools" among private colleges.
- Kiplinger placed Cornell on their "Best Values in Private Colleges" 2011-2012 list.
- U.S. News and World Report included Cornell in its "Great Schools, Great Prices" list.