Welcome! I have helped many students work through the process of transferring to Cornell during the past 15 years. Each transfer student has a unique story about where he or she has been and is headed, and I look forward to being a part of your journey as well.
— Sharon Grice, Director of Admission Operations and Transfer Coordinator
We offer two ways to apply online:
The $30 application fee is waived when you apply online. If you prefer to apply by paper form, please contact the Admission Office.
Additional required application materials
- Dean's reference form
- Official college transcript, provided by your school
- Official high school transcript if you have fewer than 24 college credits
- ACT or SAT score if you have fewer than 24 college credits. Test scores may be listed on your transcript. If not, you'll need to request an official copy from the testing agency
- Teacher recommendations are optional but encouraged
When you submit your application for admission to Cornell, you will automatically be considered for academic merit scholarships. We also offer attractive fine arts scholarships, which require a separate application.
This page outlines the important dates in the process. Please refer to the other pages in this section for information on scholarships, transfer of credit, and more. The options below illustrate three scenarios.
Fall Transfers - Priority Decision
If you submit all required application materials, postmarked by March 1, you will be given priority consideration for fall admission and transfer scholarships. If you are accepted for admittance to Cornell, you must submit a $300 deposit by May 1.
Fall Transfers - Regular Decision
We know that many transfer decisions occur near the end of the academic year, and we accept transfer applications until June 1. After June 1, your application will be considered only if space allows.
If you are interested in enrolling for the spring semester, we encourage you to apply by Nov. 1. Note: The Spring Term option is not available to international students transferring from schools outside the U.S.
|Fall Transfers - Priority Decision||March 1||May 1|
|Fall Transfers - Regular Decision||June 1||Aug. 1|
|Spring Transfers||Nov. 1||Dec. 15|
* The Admission Office will continue to accept late applications on a space-available basis after the stated application deadlines. Please contact our Transfer Coordinator for more information.
** Enrollment is completed by sending a $300 deposit, post-marked by the deposit deadline. Deposits are non-refundable after May 1.