Academic Support and Advising
Mission: My mission is to support Cornell students with the goals of: assisting students in understanding graduation requirements and reaching graduation in four years, thinking about their goals for life after college, and utilizing an academic advisor responsibly to assist them in their planning. I also support faculty advisors as they work directly with student advisees, serving as mentor and sounding board. This office also assists those students with disabilities who need accommodations in the classroom.
- assigns and changes advisors
- offers assistance with declaring a major
- teaches study, time management or executive function skills
- hires and supervises tutors and assigns FREE tutors to any student who requests one
- provides academic counseling to students who are struggling with their college academic life (example: test taking anxiety)
- maintains the records and accommodation lists for students with disabilities
This office is a good "first stop" for any Cornell student who is not achieving their goals academically--I'll refer you to the appropriate office after we talk.
Who: Kate Fashimpaur, M.A., LMSW
Where: First level, Old Sem (behind the registrar and Business Services desks)
When: Office hours are generally 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (with some early morning hours and evening hours available by appointment).
How: Drop-in or make appointment by calling 319-895-4382 or emailing email@example.com