Platner House (1913)
This is one of Mount Vernon's former mansions, built by hardware dealer William E. Platner for his wife, who wanted a nice house for her parties. When he died, she eventually sold the grand place and it became a funeral home.
Today the refurbished mansion resounds with music. In 1963 the college bought the building and furnished it with pianos to serve as a practice and rehearsal facility for students taking courses in applied music.